STORYBOOKS FOR CHILDREN

STORYBOOKS FOR CHILDREN
Give a Book as a Gift

7 Jul 2017

Just imagine that!





1. I might be the only surviving grandson of Vapoo Merican Noordin (V. M. Noordin) who died in 1884. Just imagine that!

2. There was a lapse of about 130 years since his death. In the ordinary course of events I could not have lived that long to survive as his grandson.

3. A time span of 130 years would easily fit in three generations which would succeeded Vapoo; his children, his grand children and his great-grandchildren. I was one generation “behind time.” I came along in the time of Vapoo’s great-grandchildren.

4. My father had had no children of his own at the time when his siblings or his peers had become parents. My siblings and I were born when he was in his sixties during which time his siblings would have had grandchildren.

5. If there are any who still survive, Vapoo’s great-grandchildren would be in their 70s or 80s today. I wonder if they knew they were related to M. I. M. Noordin, their granduncle.

No comments: