STORYBOOKS FOR CHILDREN

STORYBOOKS FOR CHILDREN
Give a Book as a Gift

10 Dec 2019

An irony of life

Mat (left) and Syadhwan: Good friends
1. My son, Muhammad Syadhwan, has a good friend who is a very skilful car mechanic. His name is Ahmad Yusairi, but he is well known by his pet name, Mat [mɑːt].
2. We would take our cars to him for services or repairs and he is capable of delivering a very satisfactory job. Mat is a dedicated worker, very down-to-earth and honest young man. 
3. He has been married for several years and only now he and his wife are expecting their first child. Syadhwan would share Mat's ups and downs with me, so I know that Mat is facing problems with his health condition.
4. Apparently, he is struggling with symptoms of diabetes that has begun to threaten his livelihood. He has been admitted to the hospital a few times due to diabetes complications such as diabetic coma and extreme fatigue.
5. Weeks ago, I got a shock when Syadhwan told me that it had been a while since Mat was diagnosed with insulin deficiency and consequently he has been injecting himself with insulin ever since. 
6. I felt deep pity for Mat because he is such a promising mechanic, but due to his health condition he is probably going through hard times.
7. At times I heard Syadhwan said he would spend weekends at Mat's workshop to learn the ropes from the expert. "Don't say," I told him. "Just do."
8. I felt like telling him off for being irresolute. My dear son, say what needs to be said only, otherwise just do what needs to be done.

No comments: